Holiday over ... already !


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 4th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

I pop out to the next door 7/11 for coffee and croissants for brekfast which we eat in the room whilst packing.
Take tuk-tuk to bus station where we find the bay where our bus usually departs from is now closed off and no-one is there selling tickets. What we were told about the big buses looks to be true and we are directed to a small ticket office opposite near a row of mimibuses. The Phon Thong bus is just about to leave and we join only 3 other pasengers on board. Prtices on the minibu are 50% up on the old style buses though ... We stop to fill up with gas just outside town. Have to get off the bus whilst this is done and notice that gas tank has been fitted beneath the front row passengers seats ... health and safety ?!! The run is comfy and we make it back to PHon Thong in about 1 3/4 hrs, record time.
Tuk-tuk across town to where I left the bike then out to Khamnadie. Pulling up at the gate the recycling lady is just passing so we grab her and sell on our glass and plastric rubbish for abou 30p ... cant see this idea catching on in the UK.
By the time I have brewed a coffee we have unpacked and Jai has the washing machine going. I sit on the front porch with a book and everything is back to normal by 10:30 with brief (very brief) holiday over.
Go to the farm in the evening and Jai fills anothe bucket with beans after collecting from only half the plants. The beans are washed, trimmed and bundled for sale before bedtime.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb