Accident on motorbike


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 24th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

The little girl next door, Oom Im or something like that, was born at the beginning of April and has just had some innoculations. She is normally a happy little soul but is now feeling a bit down and sorry for herself and has been grizzling almost endlessly for the last couple of days. She's normally good as gold so I will give her the benefit of the doubt for a bit.
Into Phon Thong for the Saturday market this morning.
Pulling up outside the house when we get back I spot Jai's sister Bepat up the road. She has been in Bangkok for a while seeing her surgeon. She has had canver for quite a few years now and spends a lot of time in Bangkok with her son and his family to go to a decent hospital. She comes to visit to check up on me and we compare scars. She is covered in them and wins easily.
We decide to bike out to the farm to pick some more beans and I want to cut some long bamboo canes for the garden ... but we dont get there. Riding along the dirt road out to the farm someone comes flying around a blind corner in front of us and there was really nowhere for them to go except straight into us. We are all lying in the road checking that everyone is OK. There is no such thing as blame around here, at times, so I disregard the young girl who caused the collision and check out our bike. Bent front wheel, mudguard broken and shopping basket squashed appears to be the extent of the damage. Main thing is that apart from a few grazes no-one is actually hurt. I prop the bike up by the side of the road and we walk the rest of the way to the farm where we know people are working. One of the chaps comes in his pick up and give us and the bike a lift to the village garage where we drop the bike off to be repaired. Bom at the garage is doing well out of me at the moment.
A lazy day follows as a few aches start to appear.
Actually had to walk the 400m to the village market this evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb