Swimming again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 12th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

A lovely fresh start to the day when I am sat outside with a cuppa about 06:00 but I doubt it will last.Bike out to farm after breakfast and find that the dead tree we were burning last night has gone almost completely. Our bananas are getting bigger and another tree is just starting to produce a flower. Sadly I wont get to eat any of them. We have plenty of papaya now and they are ripening and keeping us in fruit most days. Before we leave Jai goes scavanging around the trees for a curry. There are a few coconuts forming on one of our trees as well but they wont be ready yet for a while.We take a couple of papaya to Jai's brother Pad but find that the main road through the village, recently resurfaced, is blocked off for a house party of some kind.Fin arrives from school on the dot of 15:00 and we are soon off on the bike to Phon Thong Park for a swim. Fin lacks confidence again for a while but is soon jumping in to the shallow edge of the pool. We will have her swimming next year when I come back. I see Jai chatting to someone I vaguely recognise and it turns out to be an old friend from Chiangmai who we haven't seen for about 11 years. We knew that her family home was around here somewhere but it turns out her mother now lives at Kamcare, Elton's crocodile village just up the road from us. She has been in England for a few years now with her husband in Hove but is jst back for a quick visit. We have to sit for a while for a chat and a couple of beers. With it getting dark and with the three of us on the bike I have to curtail things to get us back to the village. It was 19:00 when we got back to Khamnadie in the dark.No promises to go swimming again next week,will have to wait and see.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb