Concrete (almost) to the road


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 9th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Stan & Ollie come early today and bring their friend again. Sat watching them work it is immediately obvious that the new chap makes Stan & Ollie look like rocket scientists. I am sure he must have had help to get dressed this morning !
Most obvious mistake of the morning was mixing the cement in a bath right in the middle of the drive then realising that it was getting stuck when they poured the cement around it ! Not without its own share of hassle the concrete drive is in place by lunchtime and they all leave. I clear up a lot of the rubbish but will need to wait for everything to dry off before finishing the job and getting back to whatever constitutes normal.
We bike out to Jai's cassava farm late afternoon to check on progress and it is all looking OK. I am still amazed that something planted after the rains have finished for the year can grow this well and be ready to harvest as the rains return. At the farm Pad has constructed a bamboo frame around a plant that is producing an enormous vegetable of some description. Jai knows what it is but not in English and I have never sen anything like it before. We consult books back at the house and decide it is a gourd of some description.
Stop at the village market on the way back for a few bits and pieces.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb