The aftermath


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 10th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

I feel a bit better on waking up this morning but really anything had to be better than yesterday ! I venture into the kitchen for some breakfast.The back garden looks like a scene from the battle of The Somme complete with walking boards to cross the bomb craters. There are even blood splashes and pieces of bone lying around - only from the pig mind you; at least I think so.Having eaten and drank a couple of coffees I start collecting empty bottles from the most unlikeliest of places. The movement starts my ear of again and I feel a bit dizzy. There are loads of people here to 'help' (eat and drink again) so I just leave them to it and take myself out of the way.Knowing that there is some money in the house it doesnt take long for the begging letters to start arriving. Sister Bepat delivers hers in person and she is lucky that my language skills are limited but I think she still got the message !The ashes of Jai's husband and father are kept in urns in a wall at the temple. Recently the wall was damaged by someone cutting down some trees and they are now a bit worried about how secure they are. Now she has a bit of money and her son and daughter are in the village it seems a good time to do something about this. They all get a ride into Phon Thong and buy a couple of 'that'; small stone towers used for holding ashes. Jai goes to see her brother the monk for some advice on how to go about places them at the temple and is told that tomorrow would be a better day than today ? Jai's son is leaving shortly to get back to work in Bangkok and wont be here tomorrow so anyone who is still around will go with her.Walk to my normal phone spot and call mum for my weekly update - not many of these left now.Boy is leaving for Bangkok at 16:00 so we bike over to say goodbye. We bring Fin back with us. She knows he is due to leave but works herself up into a state when he actually goes so its better she is not there at the time.Tonight some of the family are partying again, because there is still some booze left, and Jai is having a couple of our ducks killed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb