Schools again !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 16th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Jai's brother Pad calls before breakfast and at Jai's instruction will start to make enquiories about a tractor to come and do some work on her rice fields to extend them for the coming season. The way the old paddies are laid out at the moment her sister Begat has been encroaching on Jai's land forever.
My 'Planet Stupid' theory is starting to gain ground. Whereas in UK we have a Fathers Day and a Mothers Day today in Thailand it is Teachers Day and the schools are closed yet again. We had Fin here yesterday working through something in her preschool books so today the Devil Child arrives so that she can do the same. She wants to be able to write her name in English - she cant actually write it in Thai yet, but... I learn her real name for the first time (Sunipah) and I write this down for her to copy. She is bored with this after about 30secs so I think to give her some number puzzles to keep her occupied. Not knowking where to pitch them to a 7 year old I start simple, 1 + 1 = ? At least I thought is was simple but apparently not. She stared at it for a few minutes and it became clear that she didnt have a clue. The teachers havent done numbers with us yet, she said. I am not sure if that is right but she definitely couldnt handle 1 + 1 at the age of 7 !!! If 'Planet Stupid' are shipping in humanlike figures to the village they are obviously forgetting to put in any brain at all !!!
We go to the farm in the afternoon and water the trees, pick the chillies and tomatoes.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb