Odds and ends


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 7th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

When we eat breakfast in Chiangmai it is nearly always something called blah tong go (sp?). This a breadlike morsel deep fried in hot oil. Jai has tried a couple of times to make some here but has never had any joy until this morning when she is pleased to announce a success and we have something different for breakfast.
Jai's mum is nagging her to go to the house of someone who died a few days ago and where today they are feeding the monks. It is always Jai that ends up going to these things whilst the sister next door but one is useless and her brother next door is still sleeping off last nights whisky. I bike her to the house and leave for an hour or two.
We bike into Phon Thong for a bank visit again. Yesterday Jai had forgotten her ID card and couldnt complete her insurance business. Good news on the exchange rate as th GBP reaches 53.46 this morning, up about 10% since we got back in September and long may it continue.
Neighbour Ang comes to borrow our big machette and a few minutes later I hear her complaining about something. Turns out she has borrowed four knives from the neighbours and they are all blunt. Havent I got a wetstone to keep them sharp ? She soon has the village knife sharpener in and he spends a couple of hours giving them all a good going over. At least we will get a good blade when the knife comes back !
I have been asked to make a video of the garden so this afternoon I got the camera out and did just that. Spot the mistakes ... Firstly, I did it in the middle of the afternoon when it was very hot and it was all looking a bit sad and secondly "is that really a pineapple tree ?" OK so its a pomegranate tree, I know !!!
Late afternoon we take our vegetable scraps to give to the ducks, take 3 mats in sections to Wan to be stitched together and then to the village market on our way back.
After poor phone connections resulted in no chat with mum last night I stop and try again after dropping Jai off.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb