Nearly time for rice harvest


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 13th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Jai's brother Pad called in last night to say that he thought THursday would be a good day to start cutting the rice. After breakfast we bike out to the farm and sure enough after the strong sun of the last few days a lot of it looks about ready to be cut. Thursday seems to be the plan.
In the evening we bike to Pak Chong to see John and Erm about her coming to help cut the rice but she is already working on a farm somewhere else. Whilst we are there a lady comes to buy a couple of their ducks and it is great fun for the thre of us chasing them around and trying to catch a couple. Erm arrives before we leave and will be free from Sunday so will come to the farm then with a couple of friends to finish the job off quickly - at least that's the plan at the moment !
In the evening here the sky is always full of insects of all shapes and sizes making riding a bike a hazzard for the eyes. Coming to Pak Chong wasnt too bad as it was only just dusk and I could get away with sunglasses. Heading back was a different story and the sky was thick with little bugs that seemed to have only one purpose left in their lives; to fly straight into my eyes !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb