More palm oil trees - but not mine


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 9th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

After breakfast Jai starts baking some bread and cake. Just after she starts they come around killing the mosquitoes again and we quickly rush to close off the kitchen doors as petrol smoke engulfs the house.
I do a bit of clearing up across the front of the house and pick up all the plastic bags and litter that is lying around and dump it in front of the sloths house next door from where most of it originated. They have a bucket by the front door that is supposed to be a bin but still just throw everything on the floor, even right next to the bin. Then, when the bin is eventually full they dont even bother aiming for it just dump things on the ground around it. Emptying the bin is a step beyond them !!
I bike over to neighbouring Pak Chong to take a Turkish book and some DVDs to German John and find them working on their new piece of land. I stay and watch for while but have enough work of my own to do without even contemplating lending a hand here.
Afternoon with a book as Jai makes the neverending mats.
German John visits mid afternoon to say that they have just bought 30 palm oil trees - it is like an epidemic around here at the moment.
Out to the farm late afternoon and start clearing the land we burnt off yesterday. Could have done with a buffalo as I am definyely not suited to be a beast of burden ..
Watch Man City 2 v 3 Man Utd on Thai TV tonight which is a nice change from the usual rubbish that is on.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb