Still no rice compensation !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 7th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

I bike out to the farm after breakfast and start the job of clearing the grass, weeds, etc that have grown again since we first cleared the land.
When I get back to the house I find that Jai has planted out some cabbage that was the only thing to have survived in the garden this year. About half the garden is now full so it looks a little better than before.
Whilst we were in Chiangmai Jai's sister Begat phoned to say that there was another round in the rice compensation saga. Jai had to present her bank details to the village mayor that very day or she would lose out any claim for compensation for the lost crops. We were still in Chiangmai and wouldnt be back for another couple of days so we had to right it off. This morning, someone came to the house to say that there was a meeting at the village temple this morning where someone from Phon Thong had come to talk about the payments and it may be back on. Jai disappeared for a couple of hours but was none the wiser when she got back !!! This must be about the sixth time she has gone to see some official and presented paperwork etc for the farm and they are still dithering. Makes you wonder if it worth the effort.
Typical afternoon of me reading and Jai making mats until its time to go out the farm again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb