Wot no water - wot no electric !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 3rd 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

This is usually my morning to go into Phon Thong and watch the weekend rugby but today we have to go and pay the electric bill - deep joy !!
We are a bit early arriving in Phon Thong so make a brief stop at the internet just to clear my e-mail. Go to check the England rugby result and accidentally see the result of the Gloucs match as well. England beat a 'sick' NZ but Gloucester just lose out at Saracens. Will watch the game sometime anyway but it is not the same when you know the result.
We bike out along the Selaphum road and spot the electirc office after about 5km. Only takes about 5mins to pay the bill and we are heading back into Phon Thong. I cant believe that anything here can be that easy ?! Do a bit of shopping then back to Khamnadie.
Someone from the village, who has been living in Bangkok, has just died and their body is being brought back today. Jai and a few of our neighbours are off to help prepare things for the funeral so I am 'home alone'.
We do not have any water today until about 16:30 when a small trickle appears from the tap. By 19:00 the electric is off as well. I could live here without electric so long as I could keep the bedroom fan !!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb