Have to pay for electric !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 21st 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Over the last 5 years we have only paid for our electric on about three occasions. You are allowed to use 90 units each month without paying and we usually clock in about 88. On the occasions where we have had to pay we have ammassed the mighty 91 units and feel a little upset at getting billed for the lot when we are only 1 unit over. It turns out that the last two months Jai's mum has had to pay for 58 and 62 units respectively ad her sister, two doors down who has never paid in her life, has also started to get billed. It appears that the 90 free units have been withdrawn !!! Terrible news !! We will now have to pay about 6GBP each month. First month finshes at the weekend so we will find out for sure then.
More work in the garden today and we plant some basil and a couple of orange trees that we found had self seeded amongst the long grass. Visited Fin's other grandparents with some pieces of wood as it seems as though he is going to make Jai a small mat loom.
Visit George & Wan and exchange a loaf of freshly baked bread for some papaya and other bits and pieces.
Go for a walk again after eating in the evening and I will try to make this a regular event. Dont really like walking around the village in the evenings, however, as the dogs seem to pack and where they all bark it only takes the one to be a bit braver ...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb