Market day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 21st 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Into Phon Thong for the Saturday market. Want to go to the internet and continue searching for flights but cant be bothered so return back to the village as soon as shopping is finished. Spend the afternoon lazing in the back garden with a book.
There is a wedding in the village today and late afternoon Jai's brother Yut who lives in the next village arrives at our place very drunk and wanting some more beer. He gives Jai some money to go and buy some bottles and I get a bottle out of the fridge to keep us going. His lorry has broken down and this morning his wife gave him some money to take it in to Phon Thong and get it fixed. He dropped the lorry off at a garage and then came back to the wedding where his money for the lorry has become sadly depleted. He is now not sure if he has enough to pay for his lorry and is a bit scared about going home to tell the wife. He stays with us for about an hour and then disappears to Jai's sisters place next door but one. We see him again about 3 hours later and find that he has been sleeping it off a bit but is now ready to return to the wedding party to get a lift into Phon Thong and sort his truck out. I've met his wife a few times and I would be scared to go back home as well if I was him !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb