Plans change, and change, and change ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 18th 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

It now looks as though Jai might be leaving this evening and not tomorrow. They have decided that as it is a long drive, about 380km, they will travel at night. Jai's brother Sai whose truck they are going in, has dodgy eyes and cant drive at night so now they are trying to find another driver. Planning and organising isnt a local strong point and I expect things to change a few more times yet.
We bike into Phon Thong for the Saturday market. On the ride back we see a large snake crossing the road. I tend to assume that all snakes I see here could kill me so give them all a wide berth. I dont actually believe that many of them are that dangerous but I dont intend to get close enough to find out first hand.
When we get back to Khamnadie Jai bakes a coconut cake. I keep saying that I want to cut back on sweet stuff but it keeps appearing around the house and so has rto be eaten. We also picked our first ripe papaya this morning and that has been sat in the fridge all day slowly being eaten. Very nice it is too.
Sure enough Jai's plans change as the day progresses and by mid-afternoon they arent going at all.
Niece Boo and daughter Kanom come to visit late afternoon to see if a driver is still needed ... bit late now.
Bike to village market for blah tong go for breakfast in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb