Summer Palace


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 5th 2010
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 12.8, 99.9667

We left early today to go to the Summer Palace. At 9.40 we arrived, just Nana, mum and I. We got tickets to go to the 2nd level at 10.20.While we waited we wondered around the huge grounds of the Palace which were in beautiful condition, the grass was green and mowed, all the plants were flourishing, the buildings were amazing and the beach in the background was a wonderful touch. I'd been warned beforehand so I didn't wear shorts or a singlet, meaning I wasn't one of the people wearing the clothes provided by the Palace.

At 10.20 we followed everyone else hoping they were going to the steps of the 2nd level as we had no idea where to go. We took our shoes off and placed them into a bag then started up the stairs. The 2nd level was all open and connected by several hallways. The first room it took us to had all the clothes worn by people on different days, then as we went on there were rooms for musical instruments, bedrooms, dining rooms, bathrooms, studies and all the rooms had plenty of history for us to read. Although the Palace took up a massive area, the Palace itself was quite small only having two bedrooms and most places we could only stand at the entrance of as it was unsafe to enter.

Back at the hotel we checked if the beauty place was open, which it wasn't so we went down the street to find one instead so we could get a manicure. There was a short wait, but I got to watch someone getting their legs waxed. The wax came out of a container and the technique they used looked so painful and looking at the girl's face that was getting it done, it was. Getting the nails done was really nice, but then they wanted to paint them and they only had old people colours. We then went to show Nana and Pa our new nails then went off to the internet cafe so we could book me a kid's meal on the way home. Then on the way back to the hotel we saw the wedding of the Scandinavians on the beach. Everyone found this incredibly fascinating, except me.

We went to dinner at Aree and had a non-spicy curried potato but I didn't eat much as I felt really sick and from there it only got worse, I never threw up but by the end of the night I couldn't stand and everything hurt. I desperately wanted a night swim for the last time but standing up seemed impossible so that was off the cards.


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb