Passing through


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 17th 2009
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.75, 100.517

We had had an overnight flight to Bangkok from Heathrow and although a 2 hour wait in the airport was tedious, especially as the lounge had no alcohol,, we were glad we were not out in the pouring rain. It was only an hours flight to Chang Mai- Thai airways so no alcohol again-.From the airport we were whisked away in a long black limo to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. This is a sumptuous place which was built only 10 years ago in 60 acres with its own paddy fields. Although new, the place is full of genuine antiques and the decorations are original and old.After check in we hastened to the Horn bar, so called because of the wierd creatures with horns decorating the walls and had that welcome beer. We were taken to our room by golf cart but have since found the short walking route via the garden. We are in a Colonial suite which has a lovely lounge, balcony, huge bedroom and bathroom. It is similar to Raffles but much nicer.A complimentary bottle of red wine was most welcome as we unpacked and then sat on the balcony. It is hot and humid and mosquito protection is a must.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb