A day trip to James Bond Island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 11th 2016
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 7.94341, 98.2889

Alarm set this morning for 6am, and we're on holidays! Up again real early today as we had a boat to catch. With breakfast done, a quick check on the iPad for emails etc, then a final pack of our bag, we then waited in the lobby for our pick up. A van collected us, then we were off to the other side of the island, to Phuket International Marina. People were everywhere and we were all given wristbands of different colour. Groups were called for different tours. We set off to our first island to snorkel and swim, boats everywhere, just reversing into tiny spots in the middle of the ocean. Here, Clint made me do snorkelling, and we had underwater cameras to prove I actually did it ( and to take photos of the colourful fish!!)
We then set of for the next island, a floating Fishermans village Koh Panyee for a Thai lunch buffet. Next stop was Hong Island which has amazing scenery, and we were shuffled into canoes where we were rowed through this peaceful, and serene location. There were caves we went through and a lagoon, picturesque, although our photos don't show the beauty as in real life.
Back on the boat again to James Bond Island, (Khao Phing Kan), we first saw it from the sea side, then we pulled into the beach part, and climbed up and over to the first lookout area, then around to the front for photos. Our tour leader Perry, ( a Ladyman ) took with him gold guns so we could have our photos taken, as in the movie James Bond, " the Man with the Golden Gun" from 1974.
We left here and went our last island, Rang Yai Island for a swim, rest and a cocktail. We were at this island for 1 hour. From here it was 10 minute speedboat ride back, and it was low tide, so our speedboat driver became Schumacher, and zoomed thru the channel, twisting and turning, the tide being 2 metres lower than when we went out this morning. Back at the Marina, a van was there to take us back to Kamala Beach, where we asked to be dropped off by the beach so we could have dinner, otherwise had we gone straight back to the hotel, we wouldn't have gone out again.
We had a nice Thai meal right on the beach facing the ocean.
We walked to catch a taxi, and retired to our room for what was left of the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



13th January 2016

Still loving your beautiful pictures, water looks gorgeous.
13th January 2016

Henry would love those birds !
13th January 2016

Surely you could of squeezed something else in. Not. Wow. What an adventure. What a beautiful place. I can see why you are smiling. Xx

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb