Day trip to Patong


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 9th 2016
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 7.89467, 98.2933

This morning we awoke to another beautiful day, not much wind with lovely blue skies. We went for breakfast again sitting in front of the pool with great ocean views behind. After breakfast, again we sat in the lobby to sync the travelpod photos and story, and then we changed and went for a quick swim. We were booked on the 11.30am shuttle to Patong, where we were dropped off at Jungceylon Shopping Centre, this place is huge, shops everywhere and food stalls and thousands of people, locals and tourists.
We spent maybe 1.5 hours there and we decided before we bought stuff from Big C, (the local supermarket, bit like Coles and Kmart put together but bigger,) that we would come back before our shuttle pick up so we didn't have to carry everything around, especially seeing we hadn't even made it to the beach yet!
We then exited out to the Main Street where we tried getting some bargains, we did buy beach towels which was good, as I hate going to the beach without a towel!
We continued along the road until we got to the beach, we plonked ourselves down and just relaxed for a while, ( I had one eye on the incoming waves tho!!) then we went in for a swim, it's a very clean beach, not many stones or rocks around to step on!!
We left after a while but still continued walking along the beach, then crossed over to find something to eat, but got sidetracked into the shops again, and lunch got delayed.
Finally we found a little place to eat, it was just a snack, but enough.
Walking again along the beach side shops, we found a bar and stopped for a cocktail. Completely different to the Singapore Sling we had in Singapore.
Then we cut through a side street, and finally we got to a massage place, I had a foot reflexology 1 hour massage and Clint had a 1 hour Thai oil massage, both were great, mine was 200 baht - $8.00 and Clint's was 300 - $12.00, great for 1 hour!
We made it back to the shopping centre, we went back to Big C, to collect our basket full of stuff, and then headed out of the shopping centre to wait for our shuttle, by this time, it was 8pm.
Our shuttle arrived and took us back to the hotel, and we had a quick dinner of pizza slices that we bought at Big C, and a drink, then we got to the pool for a half hour swim. Once we got back to the room, we organised what we were taking for the next day, then bed!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



11th January 2016

Glad you found some shops !!!!
11th January 2016

Glad you found some shops !!!!
11th January 2016

Glad you found some shops !!!!
11th January 2016

Nice pics, traffic doesn't look too bad, "compared to Rome "
11th January 2016

You both look soooo relaxed , i wish I was there carrying your towels

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb