Khao Sok Forest


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 21st 2011
Published: February 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived this afternoon in Khao Sok national forest. The area is magnificent with breathtaking limestone cliffs jutting dramatically into the sky. We are staying at Our Jungle House, (Thank you parents), which is truly quite jungly. The first thing we saw upon going out our front door was an enormous fist sized black and yellow spider. Chris and I were a bit jumpy after that but had a delicious curry meal (I am getting used to the spice) and now the plan is ice cream followed by hour long massages. Not bad for a day of travels.

I'd leave it at that but Chris wants a more balanced depiction of our day so I'll hand it over to him for his accounts of the joys of travelling in thailand...

Chris here- ok we started our day on an island off the coast of eastern Thailand.. Ko paghnan... great place...
at 5:20 am we were awoken with a loud knock at our door for our 5:30 long tail boat taxi(our resort was only accessible by boat) out of our resort area. Followed by a sangthew(pickup truck taxi) to the dock on the opposite side of the main part of the Island. From there a large boat back to mainland, once on board we sat in the VIP section for an additional 40 baht which was never collected from anyone. then the fun began... bus to a bus station where we sat... and sat... and sat... with little to no explanation from the one attendant on when our so called "minibus" would arrive. after close to 1 1/2 hours of sitting and turning down multiple "transfer" full sangtews to the next bus station our actual minibus arrived much to our surprise. 2 hours in that bus listening to loud thai music at the selection of the driver whims. dropped off at a sort of bar/taxi stand where we finally made it to our jungle house. hurray we made it...

dinner was great. green curry... i strongly dislike travel days... but that's over time for massages

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0875s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb