Tuesday 1st Feb. Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 4th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday was an early start; we were due to disembark at around 07:45. So it was an early breakfast was called for.
After breakfast we were at the front of the ship watching the ship come into Phuket harbor. The ship came to a halt and a boat approached that we assumed to be a pilot, and expected the boat to start moving again - it didn’t. We stood their waiting not realizing that the boats that we were seeing were vessels shuttling passengers to the shore for the tours. By the time we realized what was going on we were way late for our tour.
We boarded a tender vessel and reach the shore as soon as possible. We hit the beach and were told to run to the end of the beach, we ran along the beach and just managed to get to the coach before it left.

We had booked on to the tour to Phang Na Bay. This involved a 1-½ hour drive to the Thailand mainland. After which we switch to a boat for a 3 hour tour that included touring the Phang Na bay and its limestone cliffs and caves, and also visiting James Bond island, which is so named because it was used in shooting of the James Bond film “The man with the Golden Gun”, filmed some 35 years ago starring Roger Moore.


The limestone islands and cliffs were fascinating the way that the pushed up out of the emerald green water, some seeming to float eerily in the distance.

We stopped at another stilted village built on the water; this one was a true community having its own school and numerous shops and restaurants.


We stopped at a restaurant on the mainland for drinks and food, but for me the prawn tempura would prove to be a mistake – tummy problems.

Again back to the Cruise Ship and a different world!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb