Sights and Feelings


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 20th 2010
Published: November 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Still feeling a bit of the jet lag we again slept in a bit before emerging from our hole of a hostel. Today we decided to go around and experience some of the Thai culture. We hooked up with Morris and Sue and took a boat down the river to go and see some temples. Once we arrived we realised that "some" temples would only really be one temple as they are huge with tons of different buildings in each complex. We decided on the temple with the huge reclining Buddha with plans to go back and see the grand palace later. The reclining Buddha was huge. I don't think the pics will do justice (I forgot my camera too). Luckily matt and James took lots of photos.

After wandering around for a while taking in the temple we headed back to Khao San in a tuk-tuk. Now normally they are a nasty piece of business trying not to get ripped off and sure enough the first guy says "come free tuk-tuk just 1 stop." We had learned our lesson earlier and moved on to the next. This guy was really funny. Morris walks up and says "100 baht"and points to all five of us "20 baht each." Well I guess some drivers are not up on there math because this guy says "no no 70 baht not 20." We all started laughing and piled in 5people in this little tuk-tuk. We ended up giving him 100 anyways because he took all 5 of us and laughed everytime he passed a police officer.

When we got back we decided to head in for some Thai massages. It was an hour of enjoyment and crazyness. Lots of laughs especially at Morris who had a man. Aftr that a low key night and bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb