Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 30th 2004
Published: November 30th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Food an MeFood an MeFood an Me

My masterfull spring rolls
Not much time again for a full update and this slow modem not helping matters. My last update was eaten by the web so I will have to paraphrase what we haver been up to in the last few weeks.

Bangkok - A shopper's/eaters paradise (luckily for us we are both). If you didn't bring an empty suitcase then you should buy one here and fill it up with clothes, trinkets, cds and dvds (originals of course) and other assorted goods.

The transport system is similar to that of London minus the tube. Cars, trucks and bikes loading with huge boxes going in all directions.

Chiang Mai - In the north of the country and cooler in temperature and a much more laid back place. Trekking is the pastime of choice for most but after having been in Nepal we didn't bother. We did do a cooking course and now I am the master of all the Thai favourites green curry, spring rolls, pad thai and chicken and thai basil. Hmm chicken with thai basil.

Phuket (Kata beach) - A lively mostly westernised spot in the south. Kata beach is quieter that the 18-30 style Patong beach
Kata beachKata beachKata beach

Phuket had much nicer beaches than Phi Phi
a little way north. The waters warm with white sand and massages on tap.
I sucessfully completed my Padi open water course and am now allowed to dive up to 18m anywhere in the world.

Ko Phi Phi - For us a nightmare, one of those places where the pictures look so nice but the reality is far differnt. A small island that is given over entirely to tourists. No cars but little alleys ways with stalls selling identikit stuff watches, t shirts, shades and cds. The beaches filthy with diesal and junk and lobster coloured people lying everywhere you can put a towel.

Pictures to follow. Hope everybody is gearing up for Christmas. It is most strange to be in 30 degree heat and see Christmas tree and hear carols in the shops.

See you all soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Scuba meScuba me
Scuba me

He swims with the fishes
Floating marketFloating market
Floating market

Don't let the picture fool you. The road/car park isn't that far away
Bangkok China TownBangkok China Town
Bangkok China Town

We always seem to end up here.
Hot springsHot springs
Hot springs

The springs near Chiang Mai. I can still smell the boiled eggs the Thais love to cook here.


6th December 2004

When are you back? There's an office xmas party on the 17th and i thought you'd like to come along if your back. let me know - Dave
11th December 2004

Back on the 20th
Sorry DT back on the 20th. Hope you enjoy the ambience of 301. Unfortunately I will be in Dubai.
13th December 2004

allright - don't rub it in

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb