Phi Phi & Koh Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 19th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our BungalowOur BungalowOur Bungalow

Tucking into some pineapple that Scott had prepared "Thai style"




Hi All,

Just thought I would do a quick blog and keep you posted. We did the treacherous jungle climb from our Relax Bay Bungalows over to the view top to view Phi Phi Island and made it safely to Tonsai Bay to pick up a few supplies. The view from the top was just beautiful, but does make you realise that when the Tsunami hit, these people just had no chance.


It was a choice of a 30 minute boat ride at 400 bt $16.00 one way or walk - so I guess you all know the option we took! Kids moaned & groaned a little, but it was worth it for the views not to mention the lather of sweat! Bribed the kids to walk back on the return which included some 340 stairs and then just about fell into the water clothes & all on arrival back to bungalows. Chelsea didn't make it to the water and just crashed for just about the entire day!! I was real glad my knee held up to it, & so glad we didn't do this trip in January.





The
"Cranky Pants Chels & Brent just "monkeying around"!"Cranky Pants Chels & Brent just "monkeying around"!"Cranky Pants Chels & Brent just "monkeying around"!

Chelsea looks so happy to be on this little adventure...... shame "Neighbours" isn't anywhere to be found on a TV!
squat toilets have come into play every now & again and I must say, they are getting the knee back into shape.... so some good comes out of something bad! (just can't stand the smell & it's worse when there's no toilet paper to be found and you've forgotten your stash!!!)





We were going to stay 2 extra nights, at Relax Bay, but changed our minds, mainly due to our frequent visitor (the rat), whom we did not see, only heard... and also the mozzies were & still are pretty bad! (not sure if it's mozzies or maybe there was bedbugs or a combination of the two!!) We hired a long tail boat & driver yesterday and went out snorkeling and fishing (no catch of the day) and then high tailed it to the pier just in time to jump on a boat to take us to Koh Lanta.







Next blog - Koh Lanta... here we come....




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

How ya hanging Scotty??How ya hanging Scotty??
How ya hanging Scotty??

What do you want now????
Hermet Crab Catching DayHermet Crab Catching Day
Hermet Crab Catching Day

These little critters, were first caught, bottled, let out on the verandah, named individually and then they had to race!!
This was the view from the treacherous walkThis was the view from the treacherous walk
This was the view from the treacherous walk

"Phi Phi" Viewpoint - Chelsea & Brent are just "kidding" they really did enjoy the walk!!


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb