Day 15- Half Day at the Hospital & the Cultural Exchange


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 20th 2019
Published: January 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately, we were not able to see any deliveries today because none of the moms were far along enough in their labor to deliver within the time frame that we were at the hospital. I toured the postpartum floor which was very interesting to see! I saw that most of the mothers were breastfeeding. There were many posters on the wall describing the benefits and proper techniques of breastfeeding. Additionally, the postpartum floor was all one room divided by into sections based on a variety of factors. We also witnessed a nurse teaching six mothers how to bathe their babies. It was adorable!! One minute all the babies were happily swaddled/ asleep and the next minute they were all screaming during their bath! I noticed that the nurse taught the mothers to place the baby in a tub of water while in the United States, we do not recommend submerging the infant in water until the umbilical cord falls off to prevent infection.



After our half day at the hospital, we ate lunch and headed back to BCNC to get ready for our cultural exchange. The event was so much fun! There were many of the BCNC freshman class there to enjoy the event. The event began with the BCNC students putting on a Thai fashion show while Necktie sang a song. We provided a mash up of American line dances and a game that everyone really enjoyed playing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb