Bridge Over The River Kwai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
September 23rd 2011
Published: September 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Andy says:

So just a quick update as I needthe internet time to search for somewhere to stay in the next town! Will add photos later. This is our third day in Kanchanaburi and it's a massive contrast from Bangkok! It's much more chilled out and a lot less bars with the word 'pussy' in the title! We are staying in a raft house actually on the River Kwai and it only costs two quid a night. We have a veranda that gives us views up and down the river and is perfect for watching the sunset with a beer whilst listening to the Rock Of Ages soundtrack (yes, still obsessed!). We hired a couple of mopeds and got into the swing of Thai driving pretty quick - just don't give a toss about other drivers and you'll be fine!

Yesterday we went to Erawan Falls which were amazing. Bit of a trek in intense heat but worth it to swim in the pools and have the fish nibble at your skin! We both shit ourselves at first but once you get over the fact you are being eaten alive its pretty nice! Today we are booked in to see the tigers at Tiger Temple so looking forward to that.

Dan is currently resting after a night of throwing up - not even alcohol related either! Not sure his delicate Italian stomach can handle the Thai food. I on the other hand love it!

Dan says:

If you ever go to Erawan Falls DO NOT drink the water!! :-(


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



2nd October 2011
The view from our guest house

Great choice.
From the photograph I could see you were staying at our favorite place to stay in Kanchanaburi. V N Guesthouse ( on Facebook ) is so relaxing a place to stay. Staff are so helpfull and the restaurant serves up great choices of food. As you said,most of the bars on the road to the bridge are not ones you feel you need to avoid. Enjoy your travels. Stan
4th October 2011

Great choice.
From the photograph I could see you were staying at our favorite place to stay in Kanchanaburi. V N Guesthouse ( on Facebook ) is so relaxing a place to stay. Staff are so helpfull and the restaurant serves up great choices of food. As you said,most of the bars on the road to the bridge are not ones you feel you need to avoid. Enjoy your travels. Stan Didn't see that I was't logged in for other post..

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb