3 Day Trip


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
April 3rd 2011
Published: April 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Had the most amazing three days 😊 we ended up booking a 3 day trip to kanchanaburi with ali and got to do/see some amazing things. we got picked up at 7in the morning and had a four hour journey to where we were staying. but the ride was broken up by stopping to see the floating market which was brilliant to see paid an extra 150b to have a ride in a boat that took you round the market i bought a few things to send home 😊 we then went to see the bridge over the river kwai and the museum to learn all about what happened there. from there we then went to see the tiger palace which was good fun, we got some pics with us stroking a 4 month old tiger, very cute. we had a great time watching other members of the public in an area playing with some tigers, they were incredibly playful and appeared very gentle. our final stop for the day was to see a small waterfall which we thought was amazing but in comparison to the next day it was nothing.
we then reached the place we were staying and had some dinner, a small trip down the river (which was in the middle of some mountains) took us to our floating home. we met some cool people and just played some cards whilst dipping our feet in the river.
day 2 we went to see the erawan waterfalls- with 7 tiers there was a lot of climbing involved but it was more than worth it. the most amazing views and the waterfalls themselves were incredible. we ended up having a swim in one of them-with clear blue water it was hard to resist! the only slightly annoying thing were the small little fish that nibbled your feet and the thieving monkeys...which nearly stole Alex's camera just as we were about to jump in! from the waterfalls we then went to hell fire pass which is a museum about the prisoners of world war 2 building a railway from thailand to burma- quite surreal to see. we then went to a traditional thai market (nothing like the ones in kohsan road).
day 3 we went elephant trekking and me and al were lucky enough to have a 'driver' that spoke a bit of english and was really friendly and he got some good pics of us sitting on the elephants neck! there was a really cool moment when a man on the elephant in front dropped his water and the elephant behind him picked it up and handed it to him-so the man gave that elephant some of the water, which the elephant just sprayed back in his face - pretty funny! after the ride we got to feed them some bananas which was a nice end to the ride. we then went back to the river we were staying on and had an hour long journey on a bamboo raft down the river which was so peaceful and lovely. we then had some lunch and came back to bangkok. best 3 days by far!
we then went out last night and had a really good curry, some thai style red bull, a few drinks and a dance in one of the bars. they were all absolutely heaving due to the islands having flooded.
we'll keep you updated with our plans as soon as we know we're doing.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb