Last few days in Kanchanaburi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
May 4th 2009
Published: May 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The night after I published my last blog was quite an interesting one...
The ladyboy that we met the other night came into the internet cafe (ill refer to him as her/she as thats what she wants to be) Stuart told me she comes in quite a lot. She was doing dances and all sorts which was highly entertaining. Thats her way of meeting men on the internet... it is a strange culture though.

Yesterday I went round all the war cemetarys with stuart which was really interesting, hundreds of allied soldiers who died, the stones were beautifully laid out and the place was clearly well looked after. One stone stood out from the others, it was a man who was 21 and on it was a note from his son who visited a few days ago with a photo of his son and daughter who would of been 3 when there dad died 😞 was very sad.
We payed our respects and then headed off on another mo-ped adventure across the river to see what we could find. We found another cometary (i think there are 3 here) which again was laid out beautifully. We past loads of rather posh hotels with incredible views of the river and the mountains, some had gyms and everything!!
We found the monkey school but it was closed, we went down to have a look though, was quite spooky actually! Just next to the school we found a great place to go fishing as well so thats what we are doing tonight!!
On the way back we got a little lost, we drove around for ages trying to work out where we were but on the way we found some shanty towns which looked quite cool actually, everyone seemed really happy and they just seemed to be getting on with things.
We past some temples and monuments and other interesting things but my mind at this point was focused on the fact that bugs were splattering all over me, not a nice feeling.. a huge bug of some sort hit me right in the eye which hurt!!
Eventually we found the way back and then headed for the JJ (night market) for a bite to eat. I had Pad Thai again as i really like it, we also had these fried sweet potato things for 4p each! Bargain. I bought a bracelet as im trying to get a bracelet from all the places i go.
Last night Alan and his Girlfriend arrived which was really great as seeing a familiar face is always lovely. We went to a bar and just chilled out there, this bar had a cute little puppy which nibbled at my shorts... so cute, it also had a not so cute emu!! Crazy!!
Walked around for a while, even met Matt who i was hanging out with in Chiang Mai.. was crazy, he was just walking past us in the street!! Such a small world!!
It got quite late so they headed back to there hostel and i went back to mine, I stayed up really late playing with the new hamster and 2 rabbits which are adorable, then went to bed.. watch some film with a submarine.. im sure i have seen it before, then fell asleep.

Today is fishing day!! Yay!! Should be fun!! Im going to book my travel to Krabi today aswell as ill leave tomorrow. Its quite sad leaving different places after getting used to them but im getting used to it, every place is a new adventure!
Wish me luck with the fishing.. if i dont catch anything ill have no food today, haha!

Bye


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb