Goodbye Thailand, Hello Australia!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
August 25th 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The beachThe beachThe beach

Quick shower after taking a dip!
Our last day in Hua Hin was quite civilised (ahum!). We took a stroll along the beach and a dip in the pool, where we said our goodbyes to Gavin and Claire. Funnily enough, they are visiting Melbourne in January, so we will be catch up right across the world next time, not just half way!!!

We headed into town and stumbled across a Tesco Express which sold - brace yourself - chicken feet and fish balls!!! Have a look at the pics if you’re brave enough!!

To work up an appetite, I got a french manicure and pedicure and Ricky got a full body Thai massage - with no EXTRAS!!! I was there the whole time watching - just to be sure!! And after a massive sushi feast in a swanky sushi joint we headed back to Tina’s Bar as promised to her the previous night.

The woman across from us we still cooking…so we succumbed, at about 3am, we sampled so true Thai food. It was spicy!!

Whilst in the bar, Ricky sampled a Thai head and shoulder massage and we befriended 2 kids who were selling roses. The girl bet Ricky 100THB that she
TescoTescoTesco

I don't remember seeing these on the shelves at Coatbridge!
would win at pool. She did, but no surprises there!!! (Sorry Ricky! x) The wee guy was really funny, he had put a plaster on his head so people would feel sorry for him and give him more money. It’s strange because although they were effectively begging, their English was amazing, they go to school and were well dressed and clean. Maybe that’s just “normal” for kids to be out selling roses at 3am in the morning!!?? Incidentally, the girl goes to Bangkok with her uncle every 2 weeks to buy a bulk of roses from the market outside the Grand Palace (the one I thought I was going to spew in!!). It then became apparent why there were so many millions of people selling roses by the field! Anyway, they were lovely kids and, with English like that at their age, I have no doubt that they will do well in the future.

We left Tina’s a little worse for wear about 4am after a lock in with the bar staff and their boyfriends (who were police officers!) who were having their dinner, yeah, you guessed it - from the woman across from the bar!!

As we
Restaurant on sea frontRestaurant on sea frontRestaurant on sea front

We had a quick drink here before our stressful afternoon having a massage!
headed back to the resort in our final tuk tuk of the holiday, we chat about what the morning will bring……a flight to Melbourne maybe??



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

My treatments!My treatments!
My treatments!

Having a cup of tea while my nails dried!
Japanise RestaurantJapanise Restaurant
Japanise Restaurant

I've never seen a Bento box this size before!
Japanese RestaurantJapanese Restaurant
Japanese Restaurant

Was quite a cool setting (although it did rain while we were there!)
PoolPool
Pool

To be fair - I think even Steve Davis would have had problems trying to win here...
Dinner from the woman across the roadDinner from the woman across the road
Dinner from the woman across the road

And we lived to tell the tail...!
Our last tuk tuk ride homeOur last tuk tuk ride home
Our last tuk tuk ride home

Note the rose that the kids gave to me (not Ricky!)


Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb