This is Thailand! For real!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
August 24th 2007
Published: September 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The poolThe poolThe pool

We never really left it!
The next morning, we slept till 12pm!! I was raging we missed breakfast, but delighted we didn’t miss pool happy hour!!! The 4 of us got chatting to some other Scottish contingents in the pool - funny that - it was all Scottish folk in pool at that time!! We pretty much spent the whole day there. Every hour is happy hour for Ricky and me!!

Later on we headed to the Night Market and in, true Thai style, you can buy just about anything for nothing!! We had some dinner there at a seafood place were the waiter came over with a massive king prawn and then an even bigger king prawn to help us decide.

We took a wee walk around town and it was here that I was really surprisingly cultured shocked by the whole go-go bar and Thai girl thing. It was mental. On one strip, there must have been hundreds of girls waiting to get picked up by a guy who was usually British or German.

We sat at one of the quieter bars called bar "Tina", got some Singha (Thai beer) and waited for Gavin and Claire to join us. The adjacent
Drinking at the Night MarketDrinking at the Night MarketDrinking at the Night Market

Well - we couldn't possibly not!
bar had about 10 girls outside and there were only 3 or 4 still hanging around when we left. It was all a little shocking for me. Bar Tina was well worth a mention by the way - more about that later.

It was here that I was also amazed at the food culture of Thailand. One woman, who’s stall was directly across from the bar cooked ALL night and she was still there when we left at 4am!! Everyone went there for there for dinner, which was given to them in little plastic bags.

Will add lots more photos when I get a bit of time! x x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Cooking at the Night MarketCooking at the Night Market
Cooking at the Night Market

This is where we had dinner.
Our dinnerOur dinner
Our dinner

Best prawns Ricky had ever had!


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb