More diving and a romantic valentines


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
February 27th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got the bus to Khao Lak from the pier, which took us through Khao Sok National Park, which was pretty jawdropping. The view was amazing, although the driver was a bit crazy driving really fast round bends with huge drops over the side. Yet another white knuckle ride!
As soon as we got ourselves a room sorted we visited the dive shops to try and find ourselves a good deal! There's not much else to do but dive, but thats what we went for so it was ok! Oh and we spent Valentines night sat on a bench outside the supermarket drinking cans of Chang. Craig did buy me some nuts though!
The dive sites we did were East of Eden and Elephant head rock. We were told we would have a English dive instucter, but she turned out to be French and didn't speak much English. The first dive was ok, the current was really strong, so it was quite challenging for our 5th ever dive! Our instructer is more facinated by the smaller things in the sea. Craig said she just kept looking at the rocks. We did see a lot of fish but could have been better if the instructer was better. Our 2nd dive was even more challenging than the first. Massive boulders and small swim throughs. Current was even stronger and visibility wasn't that good. The guy in front of us in the group seen a 4m black tip shark but unfortunately we didn't! We did see some quite big fish on that dive though. Oh and the 1m hawksbill turtle was definetely the highlight of the day!!

We left on a bus to Phuket. We thought we would avoid seedy sexpat Patong, and found a homely guesthouse on Kamala beach. It was a family run place and they didnt speak much English, but they were so nice and gave us fruit and drink. Our room was huge! we had air con, hot water, tv, fridge, balcony, toaster and kettle!! It was luxury for us...we never even get hot water never mind the rest! The first thing we did was buy some bread and butter. When were out, they put some sliced fruit in our fridge for us. Bless.
We didnt stay there long, it didn't feel like the Thailand we've seen up to now. So we set off on a ferry for Koh Phi Phi Don.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb