Day 11: Changing up the Resorts


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 17th 2012
Published: February 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had to check out by midday and had no idea what our resort in Karon would be like and thought that there was no way it could be as amazing as this place in Patong! So we went down to the pool in the am and had breakfast and then spent some time in the sun and by the pool for a while before heading back and getting everything organised and skyping home. We knew we didn’t have free wifi in Karon. We drove maybe 30mins around to the next beach to Karon which was actually further than we thought but very nice beach by the look of it and much less crazy full of people! The taxi pulled up to our resort and realised umm yup just as amazing as our last resort! It was amazing! Friendly people, a board with mums name on it welcoming us, 3 pools again and restaurants galore, and then we check in and are told that we have been upgraded to the Privilaged Club and have been moved to a room with a private pool for those in “the club” and our room overlooks it! Really nice quiet pool. We were 3 floors up but the rooms on the ground floor were pretty cool. They literally had a chair on their balcony which the just stepped off and into the pool! We were very excited and impressed! We are truly living the life of luxury at the mo! It is gonna be veryyyy difficult to go back to the 0deg of London and move back into my lil flat I share with 5 others!!



So we went down and lay by one pool and then another and ordered some bruscetta for lunch to share by the pool. After a bit of sun we wandered down the street to where all the restaurants and some markets were and checked them out. In the restaurant area it was literally like 6 restaurants all connected together that you could walk through! All selling very similar food – a whole lot of everything! I chose a restauarant called Best friend (purely cos of its awesome name!) I had a really nice prawn stirfry with glass noodles and mum had chicken breast. After dinner we wandered some more and came across a million massage places side by side with lil thai ladies outside
P1040471P1040471P1040471

our personal welcome!
going “massaaaaage for you massaaaage!” We decided we were in need of a massage so I picked one that had nice font on the window and we went in. Mum had an average massage but mine was awesome! So incredibly painful but in the right places! She took sadism to a whole new level! Could barely walk afterwards but was pretty good! Think ill put her in my check in luggage and take her back to London J When we walked out we saw it was called The Housewives Club! Good first day in Karon and we are so excited about continued relaxation!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

P1040472P1040472
P1040472

all the restaurants have such lovely pics of the food! its great for us visual ppl!
P1040450P1040450
P1040450

our new resort
P1040451P1040451
P1040451

our massive TV to watch the tennis
P1040455P1040455
P1040455

our private pool! :)


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb