day 8 - back in action


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 22nd 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

my head phones are on, listening to ac/dc thunderstruck, sitting with my legs in the pool, attached to our room and michelle is sunbathing. we like thailand again. the place we are staying in is out of this world. everyone has pool access from their room and there is a bar every 50 metres along the pool (it stretches like a river all round the hotel). the weather is brilliant here and there is a good breeze going past our section of the pool so we're really enjoying it. i have two red knees now where they were over exposed to the sun and michelle has two had prints on either thigh from the way she was sunbathing!

last night we walked up and down the koh san road and got some street food and had a few drinks and and bought a new suitcase for our extra purchases! we only had two drinks cause we had to get up at half three this morning to go the airport to get to phuket. saw a few strange looking females last night and sometimes its hard not to look twice out of shock. im sure its second nature to some over here but its not to us!

when we got to phuket we had to get a taxi to karon beach where we are staying. it took nearly and hour and only cost about 10 euro. when we checked in they organised our tickets for the boat and a taxi to pick us up and bring us to the peir for our boat to phi phi on monday.

our room is unreal. big tv, mini bar, bathroom with bath and seperate shower, huge bed with enough cushions to start your own cushion shop and a balcony straight out into the pool. room service comes by boat to your room! michelle got here priorities right and booked into the spa for the afternoon(if you think i didnt like bangkok she hated it) she's getting the whole package, jacuzzi, sweedish massage, facial and others that i cant remember for a fraction of the price at home. she's there now and its gonna take 2 or 3 hours. i'll let her tell ye all about it. they tried to persuade me at half price to get some sort of facial or massage but after yer one in bangkok cracking my back (probably back in place) ill leave it for now.

i think we are just going to stay around here for the day and night. it has all we need and a nice restuarant out the front with a live band later. its our first beach day tommorrow, so were looking forward to that. were going to leave it till the afternoon though cause the sun is really strong here. any way ill probably have more news tomorrow but thats it for now. michelle says hi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb