Old Town Charm


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
November 9th 2006
Published: November 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Spent the last few days based in the Old Town in Phuket. It's an absolutely charming area, with neo-colonial homes and buildings lining the streets and cute little Chinese shopfronts in between the roti stalls and restaurants.

There seems to be an gallery or cute cafe every few steps, with many interesting things to look at and wish we could take home. Corb's fave was a pic of a pug though, good to see that 9 months on the road hasn't changed him!

The food round here is fantastic (had to get a mention) - and we've gorged ourselves at the various markets, with last night's satay and pineapple noodles being a highlight. We've made a friend in one of the sweet vendors at the day market, though Corb almost did himself in on a chocolatey piece of sickly splendour.

We've stayed in Phuket's first ever guesthouse - a huge old place all carved out of dark wood and right in the middle of the mainstreet of the old town, though it's quiet quiet and relaxed which is nice. Also been nice to come home to peace and quiet in comparison with the crazy malls and tourist mecca of Phi Phi Don that we visited yesterday.

I like Phuket. Well the old town at least.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb