Cruising the Big Blue


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
November 8th 2006
Published: November 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we did a day trip to the famous Phi Phi Islands, one and a half hours off the coast of Phuket. It was a nice day, but Phi Phi Don is so incredibly overtouristed and busy that I am glad we are staying in Phuket - makes for a more relaxing time.

Phi Phi Leh itself was beautiful - the limestone cliffs thrust clear out of the water, surrounded by aquamarine waters of varying shades. Though I must admit I thought Maya Bay (where they filmed 'The Beach') would be more stunning. Corb had the great idea that it would look best from a helicopter, though a bit out of our means I think.

Did some snorkeling and saw a whole lotta fish - though other people were feeding them so it's not surprising. Unforunately the water was pretty cloudy due to the sheer abundance of boats and tourists in the area, though we did get to see some spottys, some stripeys, some rainbows and a few others just below the surface.

Had a great buffet and lots of tasty stuff throughout the day which is always a good way for a tour to win our hearts - the pineapple on the way home was the perfect final touch.

It was great to finally see Phi Phi, though I'd have to say I think we preferred our little beach on Ko Tao.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb