Island Life


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
October 11th 2010
Published: October 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

David here...

We are now on the island of Koh Tao and enjoying island life very much!
We arrived safely in Chumphon on Saturday and made our way to the Suda guesthouse. Suda was very warm and friendly and we had a very nice room with a shared bathroom, however being low season there weren't many other guests. Suda organised our boat to the islands and pick up from the guesthouse. We had to be up at 05:30 on Sunday morning which we managed with no problems. The boat ticket we have got allowed us to jump off at Koh Tao and then gives us onward travel to Koh Phangan, the next island in the chain.

The boat trip was fine and only took just over 2 hours. We arrived at the island and was booked into a bungalow within 15 minutes. We are staying at the Save bungalows in the main town Mae Haad, which is extremely touristy. Lots of westerners who have come for the excellent diving around the small island. Us, we have been enjoying walking the beach and just exploring the island. The bungalow has a balcony so last night after a nice Thai meal, we settled down outside listening to music on our new speaker (the first time we've used it....it's great, Thanks Boots I.T staff!) and had a couple of beers. It was very relaxing and made us feel like we've really settled into island life.

We've been incredibly lucky with the weather as it is the monsoon season and whilst we have been caught in some heavy showers, generally they happen late at night, usually when we are at our base or in a restaurant. The rain does cool everything down which does make walking around a little easier than it normally would be.

Tomorrow we are moving on again to Koh Phangan and seeing what that is like. We are then planning on going a little further south before turning back on ourselves and heading back north.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb