I find diverting touching Koalas head!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Prachuap Khiri Khan
October 9th 2010
Published: October 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

David here...

We have been in Prachuap Khiri Khan for the last 2 days now. We arrived safely by train, our first experience of the railways in Thailand and whilst it was not exactly punctual (almost an hour late) and 2nd class is not of the highest standard (seats falling apart, trays falling down all the time) it was air conditioned and we got a meal thrown in. The guesthouse we picked out, the Yutichai, is nice enough. I bit more basic than the last place but clean and we are managing with a fan instead of air con. Not bad for £5 a night really. The town itself is quite small, though it does have a night market (where the food we sampled was not to our taste) and is right next to a beach. The first day we spent orientating ourselves and ended up in the 'best restaurant in town' where we just had beer.

Our 2nd day was spent on Aow Manou beach (or half moon bay as it is also known). Lovely weather, warm seas, good books. A very relaxing day. We then went to the same restaurant to eat where we had more beer (of course) and Chicken in a country curry sauce, Pork in a red wine sauce and Sea Bass in a soy base with ginger and mushrooms. All of this was very nice.

We are leaving here today and moving on to Chumphon, again by train as the buses are no where near as convenient for us as both stations are out of each town. Once in Chumphon we will look for a boat out to one of the islands.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb