Goodbye Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
December 6th 2008
Published: December 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well Koh Phi Phi was awesome I was sadf to leave. Every night was a new beach party. One place we went had a band who would play any song you wanted on demand. One of the days we spent on a long boat going to koh Phi Phi Lay which is where the beach was filmed. Stopped by Monkey beach which actually wasn't the monkey beach I went to last time, but all the same there were still tons of very agresive monkeys. Who came onto the boat stealing all our bananas. All the while we just sat there screaming away, cause monkeys arn't really very cute. Then we snorkeled around with half broken snorkels drinking salt water. Well worth it though with the marine life below us. Saw some angel fish and a whole bunch of pretty tropical ones. The following day Cory and I rented a Kayak and went to the actual mokey beach and a few smaller more isolated ones which was nice to get away from the thousands of people hanging out on the main drag. Cory and I then split with Shelbs and Danielle to go do some diving. We got a boat then a small van. We thought we were headed to Surat Thani, but end up in Chumphon which is additional 3 hours bus ride. There was about 10 of us headed this way. So we get to the boat taking us to Koh Tao. Its more like some sort of cargo ship. So we crawl over all the cargo with our huge bags. The sleeping area was great though. Kinda like huge bunk beds. So we were happy to be able to sleep. The boat ride was scary. I thought we were going to be the new titanic minus the ice breg. We were just slamming down on the waves rocking away. I was on the search for life jackets incase we were going down. I may have been a bit paranoid though. All in all though good ride. Today we start our diving at Sunshine Dive center.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb