Koh Phi Phi and some R&R


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
December 3rd 2008
Published: December 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So back in in Siem Reap the taxi picked us up nice and early and drove us along the most uncomfortable road I have ever been on for 3 hours. The had put huge culverts in the road but instead of digging the road up and puting them underneath the would just have huge mounds in the middle of the road. Got to the Cambodia Thailand boarder and walked across which was kinda wierd. Turns out we have no other choice but to go to bangkok if we want to go to laos. Of course. So we take a 4 hour bus ride inot bangkok. And talk to a travel agent. Because of the airport being shut down everything is booked out of bangkok till the next night except 4 3rd class tickets down to the islands. So Laos is out sadly. We hope on the worst train ride of our lives. With a broken seat to boot. A few hop skips and jumps and we are on koh Phi Phi!!!! The first full day we are hear is all sunshine. Suposably the first in weeks. We get a place by a pool that drops off into the ocean. Sit there all day and get a great burn! Phi Phi has a great night life so we have spent most of our evenings consuming the buckets and dancing on the beach till the weee hours of the morning😊 Headed to Koh Tao in a couple days to do the old scuba licence. Oh and update. From this side we have been told the Bangkok Airport will stay closed till the 15th. I fly out on the 16th. Keep you fingers crossed for me!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb