Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
July 30th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Steve made it back from the Thai boxing a bit wore for wear but he loved it!! Maybe he's thinking of a career change??

We took the night train and boat to Ko tao. The trains here are not really in the same league as Japan and china but we survuved the journey. The catamaran was the worst bit, loads of people puking as it was really choppy!

Steve has been doing his PADI course for the last 4 days but today he will get his certification. He has really enjoyed it, but i'll be glad to get him back, I can't remember what he looks like!!

Ko Tao is a strange place really, especially if you're not diving!! Everything here is set up for diving tourists. Nothing is indigenous to the island. It all feels a bit fake. Saying that I took the 'footpath' (read jungle trek, - not easy in flip-flops!) to the South coast yesterday and its really pretty there, if not surrounded by dive shops!! Steve assures me that underwater is great!!

Tommorrow we are braving the boat again and checking out the next island along........











Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb