Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got to Bangkok and we love it here! Steve has all his stuff packed and is ready to move in! He has gone to the Thai boxing tonight with an American called Mike but I decided against it and went for a girly manicure and pedicure instead!!

There are loads of Temples and stuff but its also a really modern city, and its great getting around because taxis are actually cheaper than public transport and there are millions of them!! We really enjoyed Wat Po with its 46m Budha...we also had fun getting to the Grand Palace as loads of touts stop you to tell you its burnt down, closed etc...does anyone ever fall for this crap!?? but its all fun!

Last night we went for a run in Lumphini Park and part way they played the Thai national anthem and everyone freezes, its amazing, the park was packed with joggers and people walking through after work but everyone was completely still, its quite creepy in a way, you feel compelled to join in! Needless to say, Steve loved all that and is making plans to do the same at home!! We also joined in the free aerobics class with 250 Thai people which was loads of fun!!

We are staying in Silom which is a tiny bit dodgy (nowhere near as noisy and touristy as Kao San Road which is really noisy!) with its ping pong shows etc but we actually really like it, its really easy to avoid all the sex tourists! Hopefully Steve is behaving himself out tonight though!!

Its not like there is loads to see here but it just has a really nice vibe....

Tommorrow night we are taking a bus to Koh Tao so Steve can go diving and I can lie on the beach, it truly is a hard life!!

I can't put pictures on today as Steve has taken the camera to the boxing, hopefully he'll get some good action shots!!

More new as it happens,

Jen x


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Monitor Lizards in Lumphini ParkMonitor Lizards in Lumphini Park
Monitor Lizards in Lumphini Park

5 feet lizards just living wild in the park!!
Ko Sahn RoadKo Sahn Road
Ko Sahn Road

Such a classy area!
Thai BoxingThai Boxing
Thai Boxing

Jenny looks tall and masculine tonight!
Thai BoxingThai Boxing
Thai Boxing

Our intrepid explorer gets nabbed at the last minute trying to nobble the main event!


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb