Just got to love Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
July 20th 2010
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Chaweng beach at night.Chaweng beach at night.Chaweng beach at night.

There is always something to do at Chaweng beach, from walking to lighting lanterns to setting off fireworks.
We have been on Ko Samui for the last couple of days and it is great. It took a bit to get here due to the 6 hours stop over in Singapore on the way from Bali. Our final hop was on a small Bangkok Airways jet. Must say that it was a very good flight. They were very efficient and friendly. Also just loved the very laid back airport of the Island.

We have a very simple bungalow just 25m from the beach. 7 kms of glistening sand right at our door step. Got to give that a CF of 8 even if we are all in beds joined together.

We have been on a couple of tours. The first was a trip around the Island showing us the verious tourist sites. For those of you who can remember the D-Generation you will be very familiar with "Piss Weak World". Now just think of that but add in a mummified monk, dodgy looking giant buddas and rocks that look like giant penises and fannys and you will get the picture. On top of that you have to go through shops and stalls trying to flog you anything and
Chaweng BeachChaweng BeachChaweng Beach

Looking at the beach basically from our bungalow.
everything just to see the so called sites. Funny, but they have to make a living some how. Piss weak Island tour gets a CF of 4.

Today we went on an Elephant Safari. We were expecting the worst after the previous tour but it was brilliant. The ride was great, as were all the other shows including the snake, monkey, elephant, bird and crocodile. One of the highlights of the day was going to a waterfall, unlike the previous day it actually had water comming down it and you could swim in it. The kids jumped straight it even with a drop of a couple of metres. Didn't hurt that the Italian girls stripped down to their bikinis and got in, made for a great change from the fat poms and Germans on the beach. The Elephant treck was a definate CF of 8 (I would say 9 but I am in trouble for perving at the Scicilians).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Fresh coconut.Fresh coconut.
Fresh coconut.

Phoebe and I enjoying fresh coconut on the "Piss weak island" tour.
Elephant TrekElephant Trek
Elephant Trek

Phoebe and I on our elephant ride. Yes the one with the biggest ears is not me.


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb