Bali leg is finished!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Amed from the mountains.Amed from the mountains.Amed from the mountains.

Every inch of spare land is used from the mountains to the sea.
Have spent the last 10 days in Bali, driving around to Amed and Ubud after staying in Kuta.
Hard Rock Hotel = CF 1. It was rubbish. Loud, busy, expensive and average food.
Hard Rock Hotel Poll = CF 7. Best fun for 2 days with the kids sooooo much fun. We caught up with Jeremy Shepherd and Trish in Kuta.

Amed is great and Santai villas were just brilliant. Traditional houses and snorkelling was just brilliant. Phoebe loved her first time snorkelling. Unfortunately the food at Santai was very average at best, even worse than Hard Rock. Fortunately they were many other great places. Santai CF = 7.

Ubud was just busy. We had a villa a bit out of the way but that was good. We think it had just been taken over by new people so wasn't up to scratch quite. Took the kids to the Monkey forest. They crapped themselves when the monkeys tried to jump on them. All up Ubud had a CF of 5.

Drove back to stay a Bali Drean Villas in Seminyak. Stayed here 12 months ago and it is just amazing. Normally it would have a CF of 8,
Made's Warung.Made's Warung.Made's Warung.

With Trish and Jeremy in Kuta.
but with an upgrade to a 3 bedroom villa it gets a CF of 10. Just what we needed after ten days of sharing rooms and beds.

Bali in a nut shel according to the Scorpian King;

Kuta CF of 2. Yes I have visited worse places sometime in the past.
Driving in Bali CF of 7. Simple sensible road rules.
Bali food CF of 6. Has been a bit hit and miss this trip.
Amed for me is the pick of the places with a overall CF of 8.
Travellers Diarrhoea for 6 days CF of -1.
Bali doctors CF of 7. Do a good job with the language barrier and are very efficient with house calls to the middle of nowhere.
Travelling with kids in Ball; CF of 7. Easy and the Balinese are so willing to help.
Bali country side CF of 7. It is beautiful once you get out of Kuta/Denpesar. Unbelievable contrast.

Recommend Bali to anyone who is willing to go thatlittle bit further and leave the main tourist areas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Our Bali car.Our Bali car.
Our Bali car.

This fine beast got us around Bali no troubles at all.


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb