21 05 2010


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 22nd 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

21 05 2010

Last full day here and we cannot believe that it will be off to Bangkok tomorrow. We have loved the Shasa hotel and would recommend it to anyone who wants to be spoiled and have a relaxing time in Samui.

We went to Nathon today on the west coast. The sun was shining again and it was another hot day. Nathon was bigger than we though and even boasted a department store. Wendy bought a few things and we saw the fishing fleet with teems of Thai people sorting out the nets. We hadn’t planned on going to any temples today to see any more mummified monks. You can imagine our surprise then as a pick up truck with a newly mummified monk overtook us and we were face to face with the recently deceased chap. I hope it was not too disrespectful but we had to have a photo of it so you would believe it. This upstaged the buffalo we saw the other day in a truck.

We spent a bit of time saying goodbye to the staff here, Aey our waiter for the last week who is off tomorrow. Jak in reception and Kai our room maid. All have helped our stay here to be a lovely experience.

In the afternoon we went to have a last swim and reluctantly left to pack our cases for the first time in a week.

We watched the film Milk with Sean Penn before our evening meal and enjoyed it esp. as it was a true story.

Had a lovely meal at the Z restaurant and then back for a night cap and a 2nd DVD called In the name of the King. Rubbish film so off to bed.

Phil and Wendy







Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb