22 05 2010


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 24th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

22 05 2010

We woke up slightly sad as today was the day we left our little piece of heaven, Shasa hotel. We have had a lovely time here and got to know the staff so well. The sun was shining and we had our last breakfast.

The bright spot though was our Thai friend Meaw who we thought we would not see again was on reception with Jak and we were able to say goodbye personally. We got a picture of us together and said a sad farewell. I am sure we will also be missed there as well. It had been a lovely place and we will miss it as it was the longest we had stayed in one place since we started our travels in March.

The trip to Samui airport went well and the airport itself was like a little parade of boutique shops with a café at the end. Even the toilet there had a beautiful fish tank in there as you walked in, lovely place and we would love to go back.

We flew to Bangkok and the hotel shuttle bus collected us. Got to our room and looked out, no longer a view of the sea but a collection of shanty huts . We were only there 1 night and the room was comfortable.

We availed ourselves of the happy hour as a remedy to recover from the shock of moving and then had the buffet dinner for evening meal. They had roast beef and mash potatoes. We loved it and couldn’t remember the last time we had that meal.

We were under a 2100 - 0500 curfew so a trip down town was out of the question, we were tired so it was upstairs for shower, TV and bed as we had an early start in the morning

On the move again,

Phil and Wendy

XX



Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.053s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb