So We Find Ourselves at a Luxury Resort...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hello to all!

This is our first proper entry onto our travel blog (we tried to do one yesterday but Alex somehow messed it up.... oh dear...) Hee hee. But we are now at the Anantara resort and spa in the lovely island of Koh Samui...

The 3 flights passed without too much of a hitch and highlights include:
-The Emirates ICE system where you can choose what movies you watched! Kelly was happy as she got to watch the Goonies... Yay. Alex was happy as he got to watch Liam Neeson kicking ass in "Taken" then Michael Sheen kicking ass in "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" topping it off with Rorschach kicking ass in "Watchmen". So a lot of ass kicking action.

-The new Dubai terminal having an attractive water feature with REAL FISH... Pictures would follow but we forgot the camera cable. We may buy one if we can find it cheap (we spotted a funny 'Engrish' sign on the way to the resort for a computer shop saying "Life is computer")

-Having a massive Burger King in Dubai

-Alex schmoozing a Thai waitress on the second flight and getting 10++ mini bottle of JD that are now in the minibar

-Alex getting drunk on ALL the flights

-Within 2 minutes of arriving at Bangkok at immigration Alex spotted 2 LADYBOYS!!! THE EXCITEMENT!

-Flying into Koh Samui near sunset and arriving at the airport that looks like a 5* beach hotel??! Complete with a conveyor belt for the luggage that snaked its way through a landscaped mini-palm tree garden. Yes. We kid you not.

-Arriving at the airport 'meeting point', picked up in a Mercedes while everyone else waited for their bicycles... and being greeted with cool scented towels... Ahhhhh.

-The BEAUTIFUL grounds of the hotel and view from our two balconies of the beach, and across the water to nearby island of Koh Phangan...

-Kelly's hair turning GREEN from the chlorine. No joke. She has heard that if you wash it out with ketchup then it neutralises the green.... and will go to the 7-11 today to pick up a jumbo bottle of the stuff. Let's hope it works.



Okay, well that's about all for now! The buffet breakfast here is also AWESOME. You can have anything from crispy bacon and pancakes and maple syrup to sushi to dim sum and fried rice... So much for losing weight out here...

We're now off to go swimming in the infinity pool 😉

Hope everyone's okay at home!

K&A




Advertisement



1st July 2009

:-D
Hello peeps! It sounds like you guys are having barrells of fun over there! :-) Though im not too sure what to say about Kelly's hair, i suppose those things do happen every now and again hehe ;-) We are over here in Tuffins...and somewhat starting (only starting) to get a tiny bit jealous *hemhem mum!* hehe but at least we have the great company of 'Youknowwho' popping down to see us faithfully EVERY day! *help!* But anyways! We just wanted to say a big Sims 'HI!' and that we are all missing you! :-) Have a great time in the infinity pool! Lots of bear hugs and quadruple-double macs! The Sims Famille [xx]

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 26; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb