All the miles Travelling and We End up in Blackpool??


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 29th 2006
Published: January 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up to get a flight south to Ko Samui................We were in luck!

It was nice to travel in a four...................

We were to fly to Surat Thani (southern Thailand) then get a bus and ferry over to Ko Samui as it was too expensive to fly straight to Ko Samui, and the 14hr train journey didnt take our fancy!!!!!!

The flight was about 25 pounds. Take off was a bit bumpy but fine in the end.Vix didnt like it!She's not good with flying........... Tamsin/ Horquendous reminds me of you!!!!!

At the airport a gut was trying to sell us a combined bus/ferry ticket it wasnt expensive but he was doing our head in mithering!!!!!So we declined.................he kept saying "no time no time- we talk on the bus!!!!!!" We thought he was trying to con us also- he left with a bus full of people.................................. we stayed............................the airport was like a ghost town- even the cleaners and staff were leaving!!!!!!!!!We had sat there for 1/2 hr and decided that we had made a big mistake!!!! As no taxi or bus was passing by!!!!! I talked to the cleaner and she would give us a lift in her yute..........................in the back!!!! Well we have never laughed so much!!!!!It was boiling hot and it was an hr and 1/2 journey!!!!!!Got to see some great sights,beautiful mountains covered by palms and trees!!!and even funnier- we passed the bus!!!!!Huge waves all round.................the driver/ticket seller were not finding it as funny! We arrived before them too and they had to pay extra once there................................

Tickets to cross on the ferry were just over a pound (2hr journey) and at the port I used my first squatting toilet- now I know how you feel everytime Claire Bear- not taking to it kindly- prefer to sit!!!!

During crosing it turned cold...some dodge guys on there but we just watched our bags.

When we arrived we arrived we were hounded by taxis, and again being a little over cautious we declined..........but had to give in as the taxi guy was right- "there are no taxi up there!!!!" My bag was sooooooo heavy and uncomfortable was happy to get in the minibus!!! We headed towards the Nields hotel address ( members from the golf club who I wanted to meet up with whilst on the island- they were on holiday). Well we got dropped off but had no luck finding a place to stay- some amazing resorts we popped into curious of the price but of course we couldnt afford!!!! One of the posh resorts took pity on us and their concierge gave us a lift to a bussier beach- Cheweng Beach (O my gosh absolutely awful place- so touristy and full of lady boys and English men with Thais- majority of these are fat and bald!!! The men not the Thais!!!!) Found somewhere to stay but it was a rip off but we were all so tired and fed up that we didnt care in the end!!!!! Need to get rid of some clothes bag too heavy!!!!!

So pleased Timmy and Louisa are here as coulndt have done that on our own...such a difference travelling in a bigger group!

Grabbed an Italian in this tourist hell hole and went to bed in our what seemed brothel!!!!!
(mum dont worry not that bad- but seemed it due to tiredness and fedd up ness!!!!!! We had been travelling for 12 hrs flat!!!!)

Advertisement



31st January 2006

Hi Hun! If you can go to Koh Pengan and stay there much less touristy. The west side of the Island.... gorgeous! Bohput beach is nice and quite on Samui, get out of Chaweng its horrible! If you can go to the Waterfalls and elephant treking in the centre of the island really good fun! Hope you manage to meet up with Joe think he is in Malaysia for a few days at the moment though. Take care Anna

Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1972s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb