Chillin' finally!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 30th 2006
Published: February 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

So after a disturbed nights sleep at the coconut grove (or should we say brothel...!!) We checked ourselves out of the hell hole in hope we might find paradise that so many people we know have told us about. So Timmy (what would we do without you?!!) decided to rent a scooter and check out the surrounding areas out for a decent beach hut for us to finally chill out on...been 6days now and we've not stopped. So as we waited with our bags outside the brothel Timmy arrived back with a smile..."great". Hopped in a short taxi ride to silver beach where at last we had a basic hut & a nice beach to relax on (perfect)....so on went the bikini's and quickly to the sea...(what a relief, been a complete mission so far..(but apparently it will make us better people!!!!).

After a relaxing day at the beach the sun was finally setting..so decided to walk back to the hut (a stones throw away from the water) and get ourselves ready for the evening....I'd been trying to get in touch with some family friends (Mr & Mrs Neild from the golf club) from back home as they were staying at a hotel in the next town...after many tries and the language barrier she finally got through.

Arranging to meet at their hotel for 8 that evening for a meal...which they kindly offered to treat us to..we made our way by the tuc tuc taxi (getting good at this bartaring)..armed with clothes that we just cant bare to carry any more , in hope they wouldnt mind taking home for us (cheeky i no!!!)we arrived...to our disbelief at the posh hotel we'd been frantically trying to get a room in the night before (typical!!!).

Had a lovely Thai meal at the beach and a few bevvies "perfect" so nice to be in a civilised environment....(even the Thai Kings cousins were dining with us...) Shared a lovely Pad Thai dish with prawn and a thai green curry was delish!!!!.

Feeling very full we then headed back to are not so lavish huts...didnt want to leave, but all good things must come to an end? Arrived back safely and straight to bed as on the move again in the morning as wanting to head up to Buddah beach, meant to be a little less touristy...but we'll see? So far been very dissapointed with Ko Sumui...(like blackpool on heat, fat english blokes with thai girls...enough said?).

Nighty Night...Vix and Bex xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb