Day 22- Idleness


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
July 20th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This will be our third night at the Home Bay beach resort. A really lovely quiet place to take a break after all our energetic travelling and sightseeing. $10 each per night. This morning it was raining gently most of the time so we were glad to sit on the porch of our hut and read. The water is nice and warm for a swim nevertheless.

We met a group of mainly English travellers who are on their way to Sydney by bus. There are 40 of them, ranging in age from 18 (gap year kids) to 60 or so. They set off from Cleopatras Needle in London in May and are travelling overland apart from Calcutta to Bangkok and Bali to Darwin. 4 months and 3750 pounds for transport and accommodation. They have camped in places so they all have their own tents. Seems great. They even got to Burma...travelled north from Bangkok and crossed the border at Chieng Rai. Next year the same company is going from New York to London, up through Canada, across the Bering Strait, Siberia, China, Mongolia etc. What fun!

I am afraid that uploading photos is often difficult. I imagine it depends on whether the computer has been used for the purpose previously and therefore has some suitable software already installed. We have a "pen" gadget to connect the camera's memory card to the USB port but there still needs to be software to view the photos. It is amazing how each different computer has a different process. So, sorry about the lack of pictures. Next time I find a co-operative compter I shall try to back track. Some of the computers are very old and basic.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb