Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
September 3rd 2007
Published: September 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Paul Playing at Smooth PubPaul Playing at Smooth PubPaul Playing at Smooth Pub

Who would have thought it? Paul and a thai band! The got chatting to us on their break and when they heard he could play asked him up for a jam!
Day 2 in Lamai! We moved from quaint little spot one end of town, to the beachside hammock weilding place the other end today. Twas a hot trek down main st. and half on beach, but worth it! So, now begins a few days of relaxing, sea swims, and general relaxing!


Had a bit of fun last night... We were drawn into a little pub cos it had a band nightly, and also had cool chess boards on tables with nice big pieces! Got talking to the band members, and they asked Paul up to play!!! so he got up and jammed with them for a few songs, and we had a bit of craic with them!!! helped to distract Paul away from the fact that he won 3 games of chess! How quickly he forgets the 3 'rounds' (5 games each round) of 'four in a row' (thai name for connect four) that he bitterly lost to Elaine on Ko phi phi!!!!


And we met our neighbours, an english couple on their way back from austrailia. They discovered surfing there and are moving to cornwall to take up the sea side life on their return. And
Paul play bass with "The Elephant"Paul play bass with "The Elephant"Paul play bass with "The Elephant"

poor photo! (got in trouble :( ) .. Paul with the band - beginning of his new career!!
the guy (gav and hayley btw) plays in a band... seems we've met our twinners.... The also are on tight budget, so beers on beach and maybe a card game may be the order of the day!!! ( if i can get paul out of hammock - not even the most wonderful hammock in world either!)


The storm clouds are brewing out one window of the internet cafe (still bright and breezy out the other) so better get moving before the daily monsoon rain shower hits, and leaves me stranded here for an hour!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Paul with bass playerPaul with bass player
Paul with bass player

The bass player mister sawat with Paul... he had a wireless connection so kept going out on street whilst continuing to play with band to pull the punters in!
Elaine ChessElaine Chess
Elaine Chess

Elaine lost 3 games in a row!! unheard of typically, given her mighty intelligence! :p
Koh Samui Accom. first nightKoh Samui Accom. first night
Koh Samui Accom. first night

cute place - amadeus- a steal at 300 baht a night - 3 euro p/p for clean and cosy haunt... we stayed two nights but then upgraded to a beachside slot down the town!
Elaine Lamai beachElaine Lamai beach
Elaine Lamai beach

On the move on main st. lamai, ko samui... taxi's all beep beeping, and us sweating it!!
Paul HammockPaul Hammock
Paul Hammock

At the new digs... paul demonstrating why the move was so imperative!!! He found his happy place!
Elaine relaxingElaine relaxing
Elaine relaxing

Me on our new porch in beers place - 4 euro each... only allowed to sit on bench tho, as paul has commandeered hammock!


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb