Final Days in Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
September 9th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SongthaewSongthaewSongthaew

am soo bad at taking photos!!! but paul thought the blur looked cool! Heading back from Chaweng to Lamai after a very expensive indian meal... yum!
Well there you go!!!



What we thought might be a 1 day, maybe 2 day stopover in Ko Samui turned into a week!! Stayed in Beers beach bungalows for the record, for 400 baht a night... could have haggled for 350 if we'd known how long we were gonna stay!!



We had a lovely week, of beach walks, relaxing in the hammock and hanging out with the neighbours (from whom we learnt the fine art of 'actually' living on a budget- we're only at amateur status at the mo!!)



Of course from the photos, you can see that our week was punctuated with other events!! We went to a thai Caberet show, and saw lots of lady boys, with very convincing boob jobs (their tops kept falling down) and given the skimpy outfits, prob other bits snipped and built too..... eek!!! Went in for one drink with Hayley and Gav for the laugh! They put on a caberet show, which was hilarious!!! Paul was even dragged on stage at one show, but the video is not being released until i can sneak it on without paul seeing!!! hee hee!!!


Elaine n coconut shakeElaine n coconut shakeElaine n coconut shake

Which belonged to Paul... thought he'd try it without ice... and it was icky!

We went Thai boxing last night, and had great fun with all the thai girls at the bar after, as u can all see from the photos!!!! After haranging myself and Hayley for ages to get up and dance, sure u couldnt stop the guys wanting a go!!! And you can also see, that Paul seems to have recovered well from his recent illness, and has lived to fight another day!!!!



It was a very tired and hungover Paul and Elaine that got up this morning to move on!!! We're on ko Phangnan now in a place called haad yao, but its very quiet so might move to Haad rin party town tmrw??
Have to rescue Gav and Hayley at the port on the way by, and get us back to somewhere with cheap as chips thai food!!!



I'll keep it short anyway, back on a smaller island, so internet costs have soared again!!! 4 nights til ko tao, and then prob a week there!! Sure its a tough life we're leading!!! We are really getting used to all this, cant beleive its been a month already, the time is flying!!! We're having a
Fruit DudeFruit DudeFruit Dude

50 baht- bout a euro... for a fancy carved pineapple on skewers, 2 bananas, and a pack of dried coconut carvings... pauls addiction!
ball anyway, and a month in, we seem to be pretty much on budget so looking good for the rest of the time in Asia, specially after all our valuable lessons from the neighbours (on their way home after a year - clever budgeting tricks being passed on)



Hope you are all well and happy! Wish yee were here x



Paul and Elaine x



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Elaine JengaElaine Jenga
Elaine Jenga

Our pal 'Bam' who we have sworn off old wrinkly fat western men.. she's working in the bar to learn english and get good job in a hotel!
Gav and HayleyGav and Hayley
Gav and Hayley

Dinner out with the neighbours!
Paul and ElainePaul and Elaine
Paul and Elaine

Yum yum! 30 baht green curry.. ya cant go wrong!
Haley and ElaineHaley and Elaine
Haley and Elaine

ooh the giggles! decided to go to a thai ladyboy caberet show!!! very entertaining... the lads were mauled!!! :p
Scary Lady boyScary Lady boy
Scary Lady boy

a very funny video exists of paul up on stage with this 'guy' but he wont let us post it! :p
Chilaxing on the porchChilaxing on the porch
Chilaxing on the porch

another day another dollar (spent) ... hanging oot with d lads after a hard day sweating it on the beach!
Elaine at grand father rockElaine at grand father rock
Elaine at grand father rock

Note the phallic resemblance... and there was a grandmother rock too!!!
Cheap eatsCheap eats
Cheap eats

Where we got our cheap eats!!!
Elaine pancakeElaine pancake
Elaine pancake

just before he overcharged me for my chocolate pancake!
Muay ThaiMuay Thai
Muay Thai

Bit of thai boxing for our last night on ko samui!
Njoying the boxingNjoying the boxing
Njoying the boxing

a few beers in at the boxing match!!! big smiles all round!
Haley Signing zeee flagHaley Signing zeee flag
Haley Signing zeee flag

The lads signing the english flag... we re-signed the same irish flag we signed 2 years ago on samui!!!! Paul and Elaine 2005/and 2007!
Hayley and Elaine put to workHayley and Elaine put to work
Hayley and Elaine put to work

keeping our men happy!!! And distracting them from the pretty thai girls!!!
Gav gives it a goGav gives it a go
Gav gives it a go

ya couldnt keep him away!!! everyone wanted a go!
So as to not feel left outSo as to not feel left out
So as to not feel left out

sure there ya go... think paul missed his true vocation in life!!!
Thai WhyskeyThai Whyskey
Thai Whyskey

drinks all round... a little reward for all our dancing!!!
To much thai  whyskeyTo much thai  whyskey
To much thai whyskey

Gav back up for another dance!
da ladsda lads
da lads

Group photie!!! Last night on Ko samui!
Bam and ElaineBam and Elaine
Bam and Elaine

Our pal ' Bam' ... we promised to keep in contact if she promised to ward off the advances of old wrinkly perves with beer guts!!! Told her to wait for a good man! (think paul had a soft spot for her too!)
Leaving ko SamuiLeaving ko Samui
Leaving ko Samui

a very hungover trip after our night of boxing, pole dancing and excessive drinking!


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb